We’ve had one of the best starts to the season in a long time here in Les Arcs and Peisey-Vallandry, which means we’re all set for a great year of pistes adventures! The white stuff arrived early, giving us an amazing powdery white Christmas and New Year.
An impressive 30cm of snow fell during the first 24 hours of 2018, and a further metre is expected by the end of this week. On the upper slopes there is currently a great base of 260cm of packed powder. The mountains look beautiful with a blanket of white, and the skiing is unbelievable.
With all that snow expected, why not come and get some powder practice in?
You can really enjoy that floaty feeling we all crave while you’re out on the stunning slopes.
Whether you’re a skier or a snowboarder, Les Arcs and Peisey-Vallandry have something very special in store for you!
Late ski chalet deals 2018
And guess what? The even better news is that we have a couple of fantastic special offers for you if you fancy booking a late ski deal:
13th January – Discounted Paradiski area ski pass.
This week only the Paradiski pass will be the same price as a Les Arcs ski pass – €265 per person.
31st March to 13th April – Free 1 x child ski pass for every 2 adult passes sold.
Only when you stay with Whitebeam.
Five top tips to making the most of your January ski holiday
- Stay safe! Remember that the avalanche risk is at a high at the moment, so take heed of any advice from professional pisteurs in the area. It’s probably best to stick to the marked runs where possible.
- Travel in style. Trained drivers from our partner companies – including Whiterides, 1st Lifts and Mountain Rescue – will be ready to pick you up from the airport and drop you right at the door of our luxurious chalet, so you don’t even have to worry about the journey to the resort. They are fully prepared with snow chains and professional drivers, so you can be confident that they’ll get you to your destination in comfort and style.
- Wrap up warm. It’s a really good idea to have warm clothes with you whenever you travel in the mountains, including hats, gloves, coats and snow boots. Taking an umbrella is sometimes a good idea, as it stops the snow falling on you and turning to water, which makes everything wet. Thermals or warm layers are recommended for days on the mountainside, although skiing or snowboarding on powder is hard work, so you may warm right up!
- Pack the right gear. Portable battery chargers may be useful if your family uses devices like phones and tablets a lot, which will drain the power. Portable chargers will give you that extra bit of juice for the journey. But do check with your airline that you’re allowed to bring them, and if you have to pack them in your hold luggage or hand luggage. Some airlines won’t load hold bags containing battery chargers as they may explode. Finally, always check size limitations to avoid hefty charges.
- Stay with us! Once you get to your Whitebeam Chalet, we’ll welcome you with drinks and make sure you have everything you need (and more) for a phenomenal stay. Depending on your time of arrival, you can get straight out on the snow (providing you’ve book your passes in advance) or relax by the warm open fire. Hopefully you’ll arrive in time for a fabulous evening meal, cooked and served by your personal catering team.
If you’re looking for a January adventure in a picturesque French Alps setting, you won’t be disappointed. With heavy snow due to fall in the next few days, followed by a steady dusting, there will be no shortage of gleaming white terrain to navigate.