Springtime is a wonderful time to visit the Les Arcs region. By this time, there is still snow on the ground but it is a little warmer out on the piste.
We could give you hundreds of reasons why we love spring skiing in Les Arcs, but we’ve narrowed it down to ten.
- We can’t think of anything nicer than relaxing on a sun-soaked mountain terrace, having a long French lunch with a group of friends between skiing. All washed down with ‘une carafe de vin’, of course. Let your food go down and have that extra glass, whilst relaxing on a lounger, taking in the view and basking in the sunshine. The days are much longer in spring, so you can continue the party at one of the many après ski bars in the area.
- In the springtime you don’t have to wear as many layers as the weather is warmer. That means better freedom of movement. Yey! Save money on your clothing budget and pack lighter for added convenience. Just don’t forget your hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. We also recommend sun protective lip balm.
- There’s never a better time for a picnic in Les Arcs. If you’re not a fan of frosty sandwiches then springtime offers the perfect mountain picnic as it is usually warm enough to sit outside. There are many picnic tables dotted around if you’d rather not sit on the snow. Take in the stunning backdrops while you enjoy your lunch. Remember to take plenty of water so that you stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Whilst we love kids here at Whitebeam, there are fewer children around in March, as there are no British or French school holidays. If you’re heading to Les Arcs as a group of adults, then queue lengths will be shorter. Bonus!
- Ski passes may be cheaper. While prices drop sharply towards the end of the season (last week of April), you may find that discounts are available in spring. If you’re on a budget, this could really help to keep costs low. Prices will be lower than key holidays such as Christmas and New Year, so it’s a really great time to visit.
- You can paraglide on a bluebird day! While paragliding is thrilling at any time of year, spring really shows off the area in all its glory. With clear skies and snowy views that stretch on for miles, you will have the experience of a lifetime.
- It’s a great time to enjoy the Les Arcs Water Slide. This involves sliding down a hill on skis or a snowboard and then trying to skim the 15-metre-long pool of water at the bottom. As a fair number of people end up taking a dunk, spring is a kinder time to enjoy the challenge! If you’re feeling a little wary, cheer on your friends from the bar and pop back when you’ve summoned up the courage to ‘take the plunge’! You can also try out your jumps on the Big Air Bag, ensuring a soft (and dry) landing, however adventurous you decide to be.
- The popular Les Arcs Snow Park offers a variety of activities for all ski and snowboard levels, including a freestyle ski and snowboard section. As the snow is softer at this time of year, you can take advantage of softer landings should any falls occur (just saying!).
- Les Arcs’ Mille 8 provides access to a swimming pool and spa facilities, a sledging zone, a bar and restaurant, and a children’s play area. The whole area is covered in lights, and music will be playing as you enjoy your spring visit.
- There are endless events and festivities to enjoy in spring! There is a golf tournament on snow, toboggan challenges, ski-bike relays, slalom events and snowboard obstacle courses for more active holidaymakers. Those looking to kick back and relax may enjoy The Great British Celebration, the Pink Party and countless other festivals that are held at this time of year.
Looking for somewhere to stay for spring skiing in Les Arcs?
If you’re visiting Les Arcs this spring, we would love to welcome you to Whitebeam Chalets. Our three chalets offer top-of-the range facilities with a boutique feel and our fully catered service takes all the pressure off you, so you can totally relax during your stay. We have great local knowledge, so we can help you decide how to make the most of your spring ski break.
Get in touch today to find out more and to make your booking!